We try to avoid hard rules. The races over the past months show that [THR] racers know how to handle the car and how to deal with the oponents on track.
If you want to finish first, you have to finish first!
Rules so far
1. Intentional and rude behavior
Intentional and rude behavior will not be tolerated and lead to a complete server and discord ban.
Examples can be seen here.
2. Take care of the other drivers
When you are able to race on the same level then the other racers, then you have to give them space and try to avoid bumping them out of the way. Take care of the cars around you.
It is the responsibility of the driver that is trying to overtake, to make sure that the pass is made without contact. While driving behind a car, you are 100% responsible for avoiding contact.
To obtain right of road position, the overtaker's car must have significant overlap of the car that is being overtaken, before they reach the corner's turn-in point. Bumper next to bumper is where overlap starts. Door next to door is 100% overlap.
- If there is NO OVERLAP before turn-in point Ahead drivers have the right to take any line through a corner. Ahead drivers have the right to choose any line down a straight, but only one move to defend their position.See also 6. Defending.
- If there is OVERLAP before turn-in point The car on the outside has the right to outside room all the way through the corner, while the car on the inside has the right to inside room all the way through the corner. (During an overtaking manoeuvre both cars can´t use the optimal line, so both need to slow down in order to stay on their side of the track.)
5. Blue flag
If a blue flag is displayed on your screen, it tells you that a driver (who completed more laps than you) is going to overtake you and you are not allowed to defend. Rule No.1 is still in place, so keep on driving on your normal racing line. This is again important to be predictable.
While you are not blue flagged, you may try to avoid being overtaken with only one (1) direction change per straight. Movement in reaction is blocking and leads to penalty. (If you make your move, after the car behind you made his move, that is blocking.) Making your car wide by not using the optimal line is defending.
7. Re-Entry after an accident
The racer who has made a mistake and tries to get back on track must always take care of the cars approaching to his position. An unsafe entry to the racing line must always be prevented.
8. Pit exit
While leaving the pit, you are not allowed to cross the pit exit line. If you are on the track and a driver is leaving the pit you are not allowed to cross the pit exit line.
9. The usage of "Teleport to pits"
Teleport back to pits is only allowed in these three cases:
- You get caught in an accident on the starting grid and you feel that you need a new car. (Only allowed until and including the first corner [T1].)
- You fall into the mesh of the track and are not automatically teleported into the box.
- You had an accident and spin back in the middle of the track in front of upcoming cars. (TTP avoids a big crash in this case.)
Besides of these three cases Teleport back to pits and Setup in pits is no longer allowed.
Everyone should try to limp the car back to the pits.
If this is not possible, the drivers are allowed to use ESC.
The car has to stand still, otherwise you can´t use it. (Leave the racing line before stopping the car.)
You have to click twice with the mouse to leave the menu and get back in the car.
After that a penalty runs down before you are allowed to leave the pits.
If someone gets caught (via Stream, Incident Report, Stracker, etc.) using "Teleport to pits" in an improper way, a disqualification will be imposed after the race.
If an incident happens it can be reported and will be discussed in our THR Discord channel. More Infos can be found here.
Catalog of Penalties
We have some defined Penalties. You can find the list here.
Recommended Saftey Apps
There are some Apps which help to avoid unnecessary incidents.
You can find them here.